Entertainment & Business Law Firm
Sound legal and business advice will provide the foundation for sound business operations.
5425 Peachtree Parkway NW
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Keniley | Kumar provides full service legal solutions in entertainment, new media, and intellectual property.
The Keniley | Kumar law firm tailors and manages the business and legal affairs for their clients from business concept through designated objective.
The Keniley | Kumar law firm is skilled in the art and intricacies of contract law and understanding the written description of the “flow through” economics, as well as, the legal ramifications should litigation result. These fundamental skills are primary to the representation of clients in a broad range of business disciplines.
The Keniley | Kumar law firm represents clients in all aspects of rights’ enforcement and counsels on all possible avenues of action. The Firm practices amicable cost effective resolution first, litigation last. The benefits to the client are first priority, therefore alternative dispute resolution options to litigation such as mediation or arbitration are priority.
The Keniley | Kumar Law Firm approaches client representation from a business and protection perspective.
Attorney at Law
During Scott’s career, he has served as General Counsel to a publicly traded entertainment company, Professor at Georgia State University (Entrepreneurship in Music, Legal Aspects in Music & Artist Representation) and SAE Institute (Entrepreneurship, Copyright & Entertainment Law & Music Business), criminal court judge, frequent lecturer (including law schools, undergraduate programs, conferences and served as a college graduation key note speaker), conference chairman (North American Entertainment, Sports and IP Law Summit), non-profit board member (Recording Academy, Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Southern Entertainment & Art Law Center) and business owner. Scott represents entrepreneurs, entertainment related companies and talent with a “business first” focus. He has provided transactional and litigation (civil and criminal) representation to an array of clients, including, but not limited to, platinum and Grammy awarded talent, hall of fame and champion athletes, entertainment, sports and new media companies, Internet Service Providers (ISP), video game creators and a collective of liquor, gambling and other lifestyle companies.
- Partner: Keniley-Kumar, LLC
- Adjunct Professor: Georgia State University (2014-Present)
- Chairman: North American Entertainment, Sports & IP Law Summit (1998-Present)
Admitted to Practice:
- Georgia: Member of State Bar of Georgia, 1992 (All Courts)
- Federal Courts:
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- General Counsel to publicly traded entertainment
- Bankruptcy: Responsible for all aspects of real, company & Intellectual Property cataloging and preservation. Internal liaison to bankruptcy court and steering committee. Instrumental in creating new business model, negotiated senior personnel and new employee compensation packages, developed traditional & Internet marketing campaign & integrated advanced technology for more efficient business and legal operations.
- Litigation involving major artists.
- Lead counsel in Litigation involving major music artist’s estate.
- Successfully represented clients in royalty collection actions.
- Represented Internet Video Gaming Companies and ISPs in content acquisitions, licensing, privacy and ecommerce policies, brand and revenue model development.
- Branding/IP Licensing Deals:
- House of Blues Joint Venture Trademark License and branded music series.
- Coca-Cola Trademark and Copyright Licenses for multi/album/year holiday music series.
- Lion’s Gate Films’ Oscar Winning “Monster’s Ball” Soundtrack.
- Sir George Martin (Beatles) Executive Producer/Endorsement/Branding Agreement.
- National Geographic multi/album/year brand license for music series.
- IP Asset Acquisitions/Sales: Valuation, negotiation, due diligence and documentation.
- Royal Philharmonic Master Catalog.
- House of Blues Music Catalog.
- IP licensing to networks including Fox Sports, ESPN, CBS Sports, SI.com, Spike, MTV & BET.
- Represented International Internet/Mobile Gambling and Lottery Conglomerate in all facets of USA and international gambling law including, but not limited to governmental compliance, IP protection and licensing, corporate structuring, Internet Site conditions and e-commerce.
- Acquisition of sports equipment entity, assets and associated IP, including due diligence and documentation. Business Consulting, Business Plan development.
- Successfully represented Internet Service Providers (ISP) under Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) safe harbor provision.
- Represented Lifestyle and Business magazines in acquisitions, IP prosecution and protection, personal likeness and trademark licensing/clearances, litigation and litigation management.
- Represented artists and companies in Joint Venture agreements with Fortune 500 companies.
- Represented Business/IP Interests of Former World Heavy Weight Champion Boxer.
- Corporate Counsel to Business/IP Interests of former WCW World Heavy Weight Champion Wrestler.
- Law Schools: Vanderbilt, Emory University, University of Oklahoma, University of Georgia, University of Florida, Southern University, University of Miami, Florida Coastal School of Law, Georgia State University
- Undergraduate: Georgia State University, University of Georgia, SAE Institute, Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse University, Spellman College, Fort Valley State University, Kennesaw State University
- Other: Georgia Music Hall of Fame, SXSW, Cutting Edge Music Conference, North American ESIP Law SummitPublished:
- Gwinnett Business Journal: New Georgia Law: blue pencil it in. August 2011
- Wing Chun Kung Fu Association Quarterly, R.E.S.P.E.C.T. May, 2009
- Copyright Magazine, Production Agreements, June 2006
- Indie Magazine, Independent Artists, April, 2003
- Indie Magazine, Are You Ready to Be Judged? February, 2003
Attorney at Law
Vinny Kumar is a partner at the Atlanta, GA based law firm, Keniley | Kumar LLC, where his practice focuses on Entertainment Law, Intellectual Property, Corporate Law, and Immigration Law. Prior to joining the firm, Vinny assisted Teddy Riley at Future Records, worked in Business Affairs at Slip N’ Slide Records, and also worked in the Legal & Business Affairs department at Universal Music Publishing in Miami, FL. Vinny is also an adjunct professor at the SAE Institute where he teaches Music Business and Principles of Music Publishing.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Get In Touch
Send a message or schedule a consultation